computer, equipment, and lab sanitizing Andree, Erica A. (21 May 2020 15:25 UTC)
Re: [LLTI] computer, equipment, and lab sanitizing Bob Majors (21 May 2020 16:23 UTC)
RE: [LLTI] computer, equipment, and lab sanitizing Fitzgerald, Hope (hf6v) (21 May 2020 17:05 UTC)
Re: [LLTI] computer, equipment, and lab sanitizing Garbelotti, Tom (21 May 2020 17:38 UTC)
Re: [LLTI] computer, equipment, and lab sanitizing Tamatha Perlman (21 May 2020 18:39 UTC)
Re: [LLTI] computer, equipment, and lab sanitizing Garbelotti, Tom (21 May 2020 19:48 UTC)

RE: [LLTI] computer, equipment, and lab sanitizing Fitzgerald, Hope (hf6v) 21 May 2020 16:30 UTC

Hi all,
For our computer lab, we've recommended (tentatively) that the space remain closed in the fall, even if campus is open. Much of that has to do with hygiene and social distancing. Our lab space is small and we feel we couldn't socially distance and still accommodate more than maybe 8 users at a time. If our campus is open (hasn't been decided) we're still going to try to support some of our biggest uses and users virtually. In other spaces with a few computers, we'll need to look at options for disposables (thanks for the links to explore, Bob!). Equipment we specifically hold for language class use (VR sets, google cardboard, teaching resource cart, mini white boards, etc) will likely also not be available.

That's where we are right now, and it's all tentative, with lots to think thru. I'd love to know what others are doing!

Hope Fitzgerald
Instructional Designer, The Language Commons
A&S Learning Design & Technology
University of Virginia
297 New Cabell Hall
434-924-6847
Hf6v@virginia.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: llti@lists.iallt.org <llti@lists.iallt.org> On Behalf Of Bob Majors
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2020 12:06 PM
To: llti@lists.iallt.org
Subject: Re: [LLTI] computer, equipment, and lab sanitizing

We just started looking at disposable covers for headsets. We have just scratched the surface, and this is by no means a recommendation, but:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X2RLPC8?tag=duckduckgo-osx-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1

https://www.scansound.com/covers/disposable-microphone-covers

I recall from *many* years ago there being a lot of LLTI discussion (any maybe a posted web page) about lab hygiene.

Bob Majors
Language Learning Center
University of Washington