Hi Erin,

This sounds like a perfect use-case for iSpraak!  If you are not familiar, you can check it out here:

https://www.ispraak.com/about.html

You can provide a pre-recorded audio file as the model, or use the text-to-speech synthesis. In any case, students are provided immediate visual feedback (via transcription), and problematic words are highlighted for the students, connecting them to real-life speech samples for further review.

You as an instructor can also view analytics about the most commonly missed words for any given activity, so you can emphasize those words again in class.

Let me know if you have any questions--- A few years ago I found myself looking for the same product you describe, and I ended up developing iSpraak as a solution.

Cheers,

Dan Nickolai, Ph.D.
Director of the Language Resource Center
Assistant Professor of French
Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
Saint Louis University
(314) 977-3644
www.slu.edu